Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Le Meow-loween

Happy Fall!!  

I created a card inspired by Newton's Nook Challenge.  I recently purchased my first two Newton stamp sets and thought I would try out a few techniques while inspired by the challenge. 


My card.......


I do not have a Halloween set from Newton's Nook.  So I transformed the Newton Dreams of Paris.  I used my MISTI stamping took and masked off a hat area (for a draw hat) for Newton and then stamped him and the Eiffel Tower.  Once the stamping was done, I masked off a moon and the images, and colored the panel with my Copics and airbrushing system.  


When the sky and ground were done, I removed the masks from the moon and Eiffel Tower and lightly coated them in color.  


Newton was hand colored with Copics.  I added some white gel pen and clear Wink of Stella to Newton's Hat and black areas of his outfit.  

The panel was cut with a Simon Says Stamp rectangle die and matted with Neenah Solar White card stock.  The card base is from Papertrey Ink True Black card stock.  

The sentiment was created by combining the Newton Nook's Le Meow with MFT's A Halloween Hello sentiment.  It was stamped in Versfine Onyx Black ink and clear heat embossed.  


I stamped the stars from the Newton's Curious Christmas stamp set in Versamark frost ink and heat embossed some clear sparkling embossing powder.  

I added some die cut pumpkins to give the card a bit of dimension.  

1 comment :

  1. This is so cute! I love that you modified the Paris set to fit the Halloween theme! That witch hat you drew onto the kitty is so adorable! Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up to our inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.
    - Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete